Home » , , , , » Nice Animals Games photos

Nice Animals Games photos

Some cool animals games images:


Atari 2600 - Activision - HERO
animals games
Image by Sascha Grant
H.E.R.O. is a computer and video game published by Activision in 1984. It was developed for the Atari 2600 and later ported to the Apple II, Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit family, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, MSX, SEGA SG-1000 and ZX Spectrum. A remake has been written in 2005 for the Z80 computer Amstrad CPC (see below).

H.E.R.O., supposedly meaning "Helicopter Equipped Rescue Operation" (or "Helicopter Emergency Rescue Operation", "Human Extraction and Rescue Operation"), is a platform-style action game, set in a system of underground mines.

The player's character (known as Roderick Hero according to the game inlay) in H.E.R.O. is a rescue worker with a small helicopter-type backpack, enabling him to fly around the underground mine shafts and caverns. For defense, the character is equipped with a laser beam and a finite supply of sticks of dynamite.

The object of each level is to rescue a trapped mine worker at the extreme end of the mine shaft within a time limit. Dangers along the way include various cave-dwelling animals (such as bats, snakes, spiders and even butterflies) and on later levels, some kind of red ore (magma, on the 8-bit systems) which is lethal to the touch, and water at the bottom of the shaft (where appears a tentacle from an unknown animal) .

The game graphics and mechanics are substantially the same in all versions, with graphic improvements in the subsequent ports made after the 2600 version. The Atari 5200 version offers a different gameplay, given the lack of self-centering on the system joystick. The SG-1000 version is different from all others, because the game was reprogrammed by SEGA. Although the level mapping is the same, Roderick uses a Jetpack instead of the helicopter-type backpack. The game graphics were also all redrawn.

Source Wikipedia


201 -The gamer
animals games
Image by Bruce Stokes
Maisey is concentrating on getting to the next level in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Frankly, she is all fingers and thumbs


Bowling my 200 game
animals games
Image by SchultzLabs
It's been quite a few years since I've been bowling without my kids. So, it was a bit odd to get out and bowl with a pitcher of beer at the alley.

I ended up driving south down 51, not really knowing where I was going, with a dead cellphone battery. When I was originally invited along, this place was described as being "down 51". In the last few seconds of juice on my battery, I was told it was in Belle Vernon -- which is a bit farther than just "down 51." Oh well.

It turns out that the guys I was meeting there had to make a side trip first, so after I found the place, I ended up hanging out for 45 minutes before they got there. That turned out to be a great thing actually.

While I was standing there against the wall, watching the Eagles-Saints game (Sat Jan 13), I recognized a face in the crowd of bowlers. It turned out to be an old fraternity brother of mine from CMU (STG, fka ZBT) -- I hadn't seen him about 15 years. So, we had a chance to chat a bit and get caught up.

After our crew finally arrived and got started, I had to go find a lane ball, since I didn't have my own ball and shoes with me. That turned out to be an even better thing. I've been saying for a while now that my ball (16lb) was just too heavy -- I really don't know what I was thinking when I got that thing.

So, armed with a lighter lane ball. I set off. My first game was a very typical one for me - 129. Then, somehow, the stars were in alignment, or something... Game 2 was an all-time best score for me (by at least 30 pins) and my first 200 game ever!
Game 3 was well back towards reality, but still much better than my usual third-game-with-tired-arm-from-too-heavy-ball score, and was a 155.

Suffice to say... I'll be leaving my own ball at home for next weekend's Bowling for Animals


But... I think I'll bring my own shoes though...

[photo credit: Paul]

 
Support : Copyright © 2015. Animals HD - All Rights Reserved